So here's my high-key picture.

This is apparently an outlet with a converter on it on a white wall. White objects on a white background: checked. And luckily I got a little bit of black on it too, inside the holes. Contrast: checked. After printing a pretty grey picture, I boldly added some exposure and then somewhat recovered the pure white part. It turned out cool. It's focused, and the white is decent. Another cool thing about this picture is that it looks like a person, according to my freshmen buddies. I didn't plan on that. But it turned out that way and it truly is funny-looking. It makes me like this photo more, haha.
Here's my low-key picture.

This is my blazer. I was moving my camera randomly on it to get the best view, and suddenly the image caught my eye. I said to myself, this is gonna be sick. And it turns out right! The black part is black enough. But my favorite part is the natural warm sunlight on it. And also it's well-focused. I get the details which I want, the buttons and the pocket. They blend in the picture very well. Anyway, I like it a lot. It's one of the best pictures I've ever taken and printed.
OK. Things I learned in this assignment:
1. Try. Try hard. Try to take as many photos as you can. In this case I used almost all the black and white things I have and took about 230 pictures, which gave me a bunch of choices. Moving the camera around also gave me some surprising images which I could never think of before.
2. Have good light. I figured it's pretty hard to focus with this digital camera.(I don't know why. I'm pretty good at focusing in darkroom.) So my solution is always to shoot in good light (sunlight is the best) and open my aperture wide in order to shorten the exposure time. Unfocused photos look very very annoying to me.
3. High-key/Low-key photos can be very cool-looking. Don't be afraid to make it really white or really black.
I would say this is a pretty successful assignment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment