Friday, February 5, 2010

Before/After

Here's before.



And here's after.



This is a peaceful corner of a library room in our house. I like the light from outside the window and the contrast it forms with the dark inside the room. So my goal is to show the peace and the contrast while keeping some details.
In the original photo, I see the details of the blinds. But it's too dark inside the room, so I lose some details, especially details around the telescope. The histogram gives me the same conclusion, too: too much dark.
So here's what I did to the photo: I added a little bit exposure (+0.48), add a lot recovery (100) so the sky outside the window won't pop out. The black in the photo is already decent. Then I filled some light (33).
Now I can see some details around the telescope and the contrast is good. The histogram also shows a satisfying graph. I TRUST it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment