Thursday, April 15, 2010

Assignment #7-Numbers

It's a bad bad week for me. I don't really have any bad bad week before in my entire life. But this week is just horrible. My junior buddies can feel me. Anyway, I don't blame this assignment. It's totally my bad. I can't even handle all the academic work, so I can only lower the priority of photos.
I'll talk more about the challenges after I show all the photos.

1

This is basically core of my week. Academic, AP US History, stress, ... So it means a lot to me. Also, as a "1", it's typical. As far as I know, Columbus Era can be viewed as the beginning of America history. Good contrast, I'd say. I like the subtle light on the left side. And also I like how I put objects in the middle of the frame on purpose. I used to think I should never do that. But it's a good way to express what I really want to express and reduce distractions.

2

A lame photo. It's just not creative at all. But to me, "2" means "a pair". And the most interesting pair of things I can find are these earrings, IN THE WARM SUNLIGHT.

4

It's not sharp enough. I hate shooting indoors because the Nilsen's house is super dark. This is right next to the biggest window of the house, but still, the exposure time had to be long. But I like how I focused on the bass, and made the background blurry.

5

It's a random shot of 5. But I like it because of the focus and the details in the photo.

6

Ping pong. Haha! As a Chinese, I'm always proud of it. This is that kind of photo where I love using "Manual focus".

7

Technically it's a good picture. But it's not interesting. This is the main problem I have in this photo.

10

This is the kind of thing I like shooting: outdoors, peaceful, still, good light, good position, shadow, contrast, ... I'm obsessed with shooting buildings or things on a building. (Hmm... Maybe this should be my final project.) But the only thing is: IT'S NOT INTERESTING!!! Ahhh!!

14

Building again. It's a balcony. I love this picture except that it's not interesting. Oh well...

83

This is my favorite photo of this assignment. I know a lot of people who have shooted car licenses. I know it's a cliche. But I just love it. I think this one is visually strong. The contrast, the sharpness, the compostition... It's a good photo.

93

I don't know what to say about this one. It's lame.

Ok, so challenges:
1. I had literally no time for shooting! I experienced the worst emotional crash this week because of the stress. I'm literally stressed out by all the AP tests. And I haven't slept well since last week. It's a bad bad week. I feel so sorry for this photo assignment. I really wanna do it well. But there's no way that I can do it when I'm stressed out.
2. I'm not creative! Seriously. I can take #6 in the State Math Contest, but I can't create amazing number photos. How ridiculous is this?
3. Shooting in order and "no more, no less" bugged me. I'm a perfectionist. When I don't like a frame I've made, I can't just move on and forget about it. It's not me.
4. I definitely will re-shoot this. I've been thinking about this for two weeks. But I still have no idea what to do. Ahhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment